Me (to E): What do you think about a men’s section on Scatterbraintures?
E: Good idea.
Me: What do we call it?
E: Macho Corner.
Me: Let’s make this a regular thing, how about Macho Monday?
E: Ok lang, sounds good.
Me: Now go try this face mask :D
Thus, Macho Monday was born.
I’m sure we can’t sustain posting a Macho Monday every week. I just thought it was fun to force get E to try skin care stuff and hear what he has to say about them.
This was a free sample and I can’t remember how long I’ve had this mask in my drawer. I had a feeling it was going to be too drying on me since I use tretinoin.
I thought it would be perfect for E. For reference, E’s skin is very tolerant. His skin is oily but he’s lucky he only gets an occasional pimple every few months. He also has a few blackheads but they’re not very visible.
- Generates self-heating action on contact with skin.
- Unclogs pores and refines skin texture.
- Skin feels deeply cleansed and shine-free.
- Skin feels purified for up to 7 days.
As I applied the mask on E’s face, he panicked. He said the product was getting hot. I forgot to tell him in advance that it was supposed to be self-heating :P
E’s take on the product:
- It’s warm on the face.
- It’s easy to rinse (but there’s a lot to rinse off)
- “Tell them I accidentally got some in my mouth. And it tastes minty.”
- “My face feels tight afterwards, tight and smooooth.”
- “It didn’t get all of my blackheads, pero ok na rin.”
We have yet to wait 6 more days for claim #4.
But seriously though, how exactly do we assess the feeling of purified skin?
We’ll post an update next Monday.
And hopefully, we’ll be able to post more useful reviews of men’s grooming products in the future i.e., shaving cream, facial scrub, razors, and all the stuff I can get him to use… right E?
Notes: This is a first impression review. The mask is priced at Php 49 and is available at Watsons.