In line with my favorites project, here are the lip products I have (not including Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten. I keep that in the office):
Looking at my little collection, I feel that it’s already streamlined. But if I have to trim it down some more, I’ll probably be left with:
(1) Aido Magic Lipstick – only because I don’t have a true pink lipstick. I won’t buy it again though.
(2) Revlon Balm Stain in Crush – it’s a very pretty vampy color that looks a lot like crushed cherries on the lips. I use it as a stain most of the time but sometimes I build the color up to make it look like a lipstick.
(3) Revlon Balm Stain in Honey – my go to nude pink lipstick.. for now. I’m thinking of looking for something else after I use it all up. It tends to change into a coral color a few hours into the day.
(4) Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten – I was looking for a pinky red lipstick when I saw this. But the base was more pink than red.
(5) Maybelline Red Revival – this is my favorite lipstick at the moment. It’s the perfect red for warm-toned skin tones. It’s blue-based so it somehow pops out on my very yellow-toned skin.
(6) Avon Simply Pretty Lip and Cheek Stain – but I don’t use this on my lips.
By year-end, I’m sure to be left with a collection that looks very similar to the color palette above. Hopefully I’ll be able to bring it down to four, in these colors: blue-toned red, hot pink, nude pink, and plum.
Left to Right: Aido Magic Lipstick, Avalon Organics Tinted Lipbalm, Revlon Balm Stain in Adore
Revlon Balm Stain in Honey, Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey, Lip Staysss Lip Balm,
Maybelline in Red Revival, WetnWild in 919B, Avon Simply Pretty Lip and Cheek Stain.
As far as lipsticks go, my magic number will be four, which means I’m on a no-buy policy now until I’m left with 3 lippies. (Let’s get ambitious!)