In line with my favorites project, here are the lip products I have (not including Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten. I keep that in the office):
Looking at my little collection, I feel that it’s already streamlined. But if I have to trim it down some more, I’ll probably be left with:
- Aido Magic Lipstick – only because I don’t have a true pink lipstick. I won’t buy it again though.
- Revlon Balm Stain in Crush – it’s a very pretty vampy color that looks a lot like crushed cherries on the lips. I use it as a stain most of the time but sometimes I build the color up to make it look like a lipstick.
- Revlon Balm Stain in Honey – my go to nude pink lipstick.. for now. I’m thinking of looking for something else after I use it all up. It tends to change into a coral color a few hours into the day.
- Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten – I was looking for a pinky red lipstick when I saw this. But the base was more pink than red.
- Maybelline Red Revival – this is my favorite lipstick at the moment. It’s the perfect red for warm-toned skin tones. It’s blue-based so it somehow pops out on my very yellow-toned skin.
- Avon Simply Pretty Lip and Cheek Stain – but I don’t use this on my lips.
|Correction, that’s Revlon Balm Stain Crush, not Adore.|
By year-end, I’m sure to be left with a collection that looks very similar to the color palette above. Hopefully I’ll be able to bring it down to four, in these colors: blue-toned red, hot pink, nude pink, and plum.
As far as lipsticks go, my magic number will be four, which means I’m on a no-buy policy now until I’m left with 3 lippies. (Let’s get ambitious!)