I took the long weekend as an opportunity to sort through my things and de-stash some more. That’s how I saw how much stuff has already been piling up in my empties tote bag. I’ve grouped them in batches for cohesiveness and also to keep the post from becoming too long. Here’s the first batch:
Since the beginning of the year I found myself loving salicylic acid facial washes. I know that actives in face washes don’t do that much since you’re washing them away, but somehow, I find that salicylic acid face wash has helped a lot in reducing my blackheads. Note that I do use tretinoin on and off for the past 2 years–tretinoin and salicylic acid helped with the blackheads… I think.
Avon Clearskin Blemish Clearing Foaming Cleanser
- This is part of Avon’s anti-acne line and has 2% salicylic acid.
- It’s a gel-type cleanser that doesn’t produce much lather.
- If you leave it on the skin for at least 30 seconds, you’ll feel how minty and refreshing it is.
- If you have normal skin, this might be too drying if used morning and night.
From the lot of salicylic face washes I use, this isn’t one of my faves. But I like it enough to be part of the pool of face washes I rotate.
Garnier Pure Active Multi-Action Scrub
- This is very foamy. A pearl-sized amount can produce a lot of lather. I’m not much of a foam-lover but E is. I’m glad I found something that E likes to use.
- Aside from salicylic acid, it also has scrub-y bits. I had qualms in buying this at first because I thought salicylic acid + scrub was an overkill. Good thing it wasn’t as drying as I thought it would be.
- Same with Avon ClearSkin, this will continue being part of the face washes I buy in rotation.
- Currently, my 2nd tube of this is already on the sink.
Celeteque Foaming Facial Wash
- This is a basic non-drying face wash with orange scrub-y bits in it.
- A friend gave it to me because she didn’t like it. Overall, I didn’t hate it but I also didn’t like it enough to get me to look for it at the drugstore.
- What I particularly disliked about this is the grit. I’m partial to dense and micro-sized scrub-y bits. When the grit is less dense, I feel like I get uneven exfoliation (however, I think that should be expected of physical exfoliants).
Beckham Signature Body Silk Lotion
- I got this as a gift last Christmas.
- It has a musky, slightly too masculine scent that makes it almost unisex.
- E loves smelling it on me but I’m more a sweet-scent-loving girl.
- As I expect from most perfume lotions, this isn’t very moisturizing. Then again, I would think it’s more moisturizing than if you don’t use anything at all.
Vaseline Total Moisture Nourishing
- This is another one of those basic products that isn’t bad but didn’t stand out enough for me to remember and buy again.
- It’s good for those who are looking for something basic and reasonably priced.
- This is a travel-sized version that I bought for an out-of-town trip–and it served it’s purpose well.
- Vaseline has most of their lotions in travel-sized packaging, so if you’re going for a trip, they might have a variant that you might like.
Up next, the “toss-aways…”