|Taken from the Puredem Website|
Months ago, I received a package of skin care items from Argie of The Beauty Bin. One I was particularly excited to try was Purederm Nutritive Firming Hyrdro Gel Mask because I haven’t tried any face mask that comes with an actual mask.
Honestly, I’m not a face mask fan. But once in a while I do face masks because it’s like going to a spa, or a nail salon–it’s an experience that relieves me of stress and sadness.
Moving on with the review, I’m so glad I didn’t tear off the packaging as soon as I saw it. Apparently, it’s not advisable to use this on blemishes, pimples, irritated or sunburned skin.
So, I waited… and waited… and waited. I always had one or two pimples the past months until finally, I threw caution to the wind and used this 2 weeks ago.
My theory is: this can exacerbate skin inflammation. Hence, the warning. But how much more inflamed can my pimple get?!
I failed to take photos of the silicone-like gel mask before putting them on my face. My hands were already wet and slimy. The mask was so slimy that I dropped it. Good thing it fell on the packaging.
- The mask was too big for my face so I had to overlap the top and bottom pieces of the mask. Even then, there was still a little excess mask on my chin and jaw area. But it’s not much of a big deal for me.
- This thing falls off. So if you have errands to do, don’t. I was going to do some leisure reading on the computer but when I felt the mask slowly falling downwards, I laid down in bed instead and read a book.
- It’s not tingly or itchy or anything like the manual mud packs I used. It’s literally cool and refreshing.
- Since it was advised not to use this on pimples, I checked my pimple right after I washed my face. It was still very well and unfortunately alive. Thankfully, the pimple didn’t get any more inflamed (nor did it multiply) days after
- True to its claim, it did give a “youthful glow.” The type of glow that someone would tell you “blooming ka.” Eric did say I looked good, but I didn’t tell him what I did. :D
- As for the firming part, my skin looked taut and supple afterwards, typical of hydrated skin. But I can’t really say there was significant firming that occurred.
- Take out the product on a clean table. The mask is so slimy you might drop it (like I did).
- Use on pimples at your own risk.
- I really recommend this to guys. If you’re going out on a date and you want to look refreshed and glowing, try this. Girls can usually can go around dull skin with makeup but guys can’t.
Will I buy this? Yes, I’ll buy this for E if we have an event to go to (not that he needs it.)