Months ago, I received a package of skin care items from Argie of The Beauty Bin. One I was particularly excited to try was Purederm Nutritive Firming Hyrdro Gel Mask because I haven’t tried any face mask that comes with an actual mask.
I was supposed to use it as soon as I got it. Good thing I read the packaging. Apparently, it’s not advisable to use this on blemishes, pimples, irritated or sunburned skin.
I tried to wait until I no longer have breakouts but that didn’t happen. My theory is: this can exacerbate skin inflammation. Hence, the warning. But how much more inflamed can my pimple get?!
I failed to take photos of the silicone-like gel mask before putting them on my face. The sheet mask was so slimy I almost dropped it.
- The mask was too big for my face so I had to overlap the top and bottom pieces of the mask. Even then, there was still a little excess sheet on my chin and jaw area. But it’s not much of a big deal for me.
- This thing falls off. So if you have errands to do, don’t. I was going to do some leisure reading on the computer but when I felt the mask slowly falling downwards, I laid down in bed instead and read a book.
- It’s not tingly or itchy or anything like the manual mud packs I used. It’s literally cool and refreshing.
- Since it was advised not to use this on pimples, I checked my pimple right after I washed my face. It was still doing well, haha. Thankfully, the pimple didn’t get any more inflamed (nor did it multiply) days after.
- True to its claim, it did give a “youthful glow.” The type of glow that someone would tell you “blooming ka.” E did say I looked good, but I didn’t tell him what I did. :D
- As for the firming part, my skin looked taut and supple afterwards, typical of hydrated skin. But I can’t really say there was significant firming that occurred.
Tips and Recommendations:
- Take out the product on a clean table. The mask is so slimy you might drop it.
- Use on pimples at your own risk.
- I recommend this to men and women who don’t wear makeup. If you’re going out on a date and you want to look refreshed and glowing, try this. Makeup lovers can usually can go around dull skin with foundation and highlighters.
Will I buy this? Yes, I’ll buy this for E if we have an event to go to (not that he needs it.)