Finally, I finished the tub. Here it is:
I love finishing toiletry products, I feel like I got my money’s worth… and I did.
I bought a tub of Asian Secrets Lulur after a beach trip last May. I seldom buy body scrubs, though. I usually rely on household grains (i.e., salt and sugar) for my scrubbing needs. When I do buy body scrub, it’s usually because I want to bring spa at home or because I’m afraid that my trusty household grains could be too harsh.
One of the best things about this scrub is the grit–they’re almost uniformly-sized. Uniformly-sized grit equals even exfoliation.
I also love that it comes in a creamy moisturizing base.
It smells faintly like jasmine and sweet flowers–very spa-smelling.
At first, I didn’t get the feel I expected coz I didn’t know that I was supposed to use it on dry skin. When I did, it made a lot of difference. I felt how dense the grains were and how they’re just the right size. If you want to experience gentle yet extreme exfoliation, this should be one of your go to scrubs.
My favorite part of using this is when it’s about to dry out as you massage it onto your skin. It’s a very envigorating feeling and you really feel as if all the dead skin is getting sloughed off.
This is a good exfoliator. But don’t expect it to be like a magic exfoliator that will significantly out-perform most other physical exfoliators like salt or baking soda). It does what it does–it exfoliates.
That being said, this has a major advantage–it’s not drying. Salt or baking soda, when used alone, can leave your skin a little drier, unless you mix them with oil. But that’s messy. This comes in a lotion-y base that, I guess, keeps the skin from drying out.
As far as whitening goes, I don’t know. I wasn’t paying attention to the whitening effects coz I didn’t really expect it to do that. After all, you wash it off. If anything, the exfoliation does the brightening effect on the skin.
- The BEST things about this scrub is that it doesn’t break the bank. It costs only 130php for a 250g. tub.
- Some prefer that this come in a bigger tub. I’m good with a smaller tub though. I love trying out different things and I might end up wasting product if I get bored with it.
- Will I buy again? Maybe, but not soon.
- Do I recommend this? Yes, for the experience. If you’re unsure but you want to try it, it also comes in a smaller tub that costs 80php.
- You can buy it at Watsons, Mercury Drug, Shopwise and Rustans Supermarket.