Search
  • mostly matte lipsticks
  • scatterbraintures@gmail.com
Search Menu

MAC Matte Lipstick in Please Me — A Light Lipstick For A Change

Everyday lipsticks, for me, aren’t MLBB-type colors. I usually wear either strong or deep colors to compensate for lack of eye makeup.

Last week, though, I’ve been using MAC Please Me (matte) a lot. It’s still not a natural-looking lipstick, but it’s a lot different from what I’m used to.

It pulls slightly lilac pink in the photo but MAC describes it as a muted rosy-tinted pink. I don’t know how that’s supposed to look like. I’d describe it as muted barbie pink.

MAC Please Me on NC37, Stromboli

MAC Please Me

I bought this off of a makeup de-stash sale, barely used, at 50% off. Yay!

I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. Donna warned me that Please Me made her lips look drier than usual. That occurrence seems common with light colored mattes, but on me, it looks ok. I think that my lips are made for matte lipsticks.

I love pairing this with Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Gracilis. The combo gives me a very feminine look.

Anyway, when I was checking the descriptions for MAC matte lipsticks, I noticed that Mehr is described as dirty blue pink while Pink Plaid is dirty blue-pink. What’s the difference between “blue pink” and “blue-pink”? Mehr looks dirty coral pink on me so I was wondering if Pink Plaid will give me the color I expected from Mehr.

Other stuff on my face:

• Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation – OC2
  • Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder – Candlelight
  • Sonia Kashuk Undetectable Creme Bronzer – Rich Bronze
  • Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush – Gracilis

Author:

Hi, I’m Rae and I am a scatterbrain. I am in my 30s and I write in this blog from the Philippines. I spend a tiny portion of my time de-stressing with makeup and skin care. Email: scatterbraintures@gmail.com | Instagram: @scatterbraintures

36 Comments Write a comment

1. Pingback: Colourpop Lippie Stix Swatches: Frida, Brink, and Blood | Scatterbraintures

2. Pingback: Getting Nude with MAC x Julia Petit – Boca | Scatterbraintures

3. Pingback: MAC Pink Plaid Lipstick Review and Swatches | Scatterbraintures

4. Pingback: NARS Audacious Anna, My ‘Wish Come True’ Mauve Pink Lipstick | Scatterbraintures

5. i think this is the first time that i see you wear a super light lip color, bagay :) i havent tried this, i got annoyed that mac angel looks zombie like on me so i avoided any mac baby pink shades. but im going to try this nga sometimes looks super good kase :)

• Mahirap lang with light-colored mattes. For those with perennially dry lips, it can emphasize the cracks and dryness.

6. I’m so used to seeing you wear dark and violet colors Rae, this is visually new to me but hey if you like it, why not right?

• I still like the darker ones :P And if I go for lighter colors, it’s usually muted plums or mauves.

7. Naks, ganda mo, Inay! :)) Ang pangit sakin ng Please Me. Kailangan ko pang i-pair sa ibang lip products para lang magwork. Hay. Haha!

8. It actually works ok on you. You’re right in saying that the reason why it doesn’t wash you out is because it contrasts well with your yellow-toned skin. I can image how this lipstick can make lighter complexions look papery-pale though.

• I still can’t wear it alone but I’m happy it doesn’t wash me out

9. Please me looks good on you Rae. I always worry about what cool pinks will look like on my olive/yellow skin but I am inspired.
    I have to disagree re: matte lipsticks being incompatible with you – I think there is something out there for you that won’t make your lips dry. Have you considered a matte stain perhaps? Laura Mercier lip stain in Mulberry would look great on you!
    Also check out Burberry Lip Velvet if you haven’t already :)

• Just reread your post. Sorry, I now see you said compatible, not INcompatible. I shuold stop reading things on my phone.
      I still think lip stains will look good on you.

• Oh, I meant compatible :) All my lipsticks are matte :P I was initially surprised that I look better in cool-toned/blue-based stuff. They also say olive = warm colors.

10. It looks great! The bright pink blush really helps to balance it out as well, otherwise I’m guessing the lipstick alone could make you look washed out. :)

• You’re right! This is one of the lipsticks that I can’t wear alone

11. I think it was Shari or Becs who hated this when we first went around Shang? It swatched pleasantly on me naman. Picking among Please Me, Mehr and Creme Cup for my Back 2 MAC freebie :)

• Becs said this was too pale for her. Some eople lighter than me also find this pale. I think my skin tone contrasts well with the tones of this

• It does! I think Snob on lighter skin and Please me (on my skin) will give the same look.

12. Ganda ng Please Me sa’yo, Rae! Ganda :) Sakin parang may leukemia ako muntanga lang. Hahahaha

13. Hmm, it definitely draws more attention on your lips. Maybe I can wear Chatterbox but not Please Me. I think it does not suit my undertones. Mas gusto kong mas madaming yellow sa lipsticks. Heehee.

• Yellow tinged lipsticks make me look drab naman, and dims my complexion.

14. Light pink looks good on you! That would probably have made me look pasty.

• I’m surprised that it looks ok. I was feeling adventurous and I was expecting it to be more of a wearable Nicki Minaj color.